Why I Fell in Love with a Musician | Teen Ink

Why I Fell in Love with a Musician

By abbysmith5221 BRONZE, Parkersburg, West Virginia
abbysmith5221 BRONZE, Parkersburg, West Virginia

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we're all misfits, so we end up together on stage or in the audience"
-Patti LuPone

Simply put, the passion. I see the passion in his eyes every time he picks up his guitar. Every time he smiles because he just correctly belted out a whole chorus of whatever he decided to sing to me before he held me in his arms. I think that artists can’t help but put passion into everything we do. Even if it is staying up till 2 a.m. writing a piece about how much we love other artists.

I love the way his sweat drips down his body after he rocks out an ACDC song his drum set. The was his hands go from picking the strings of his guitar one minute, to caressing my body the next. He is utterly beautiful the way he will never stop loving music and the way it makes me feel like he will never stop loving me.

However, I’ve learned that a musician’s heart is hard fought and not easily won. They are passionate, yet extremely indecisive. Their love is hard to gain because their one true love is something you will never be able to overpower. Music is their only love, and sometimes that makes you obsolete. This goes the same for writers, painters, dancers, sculptors, actors, and anyone else in an artistic profession. We put our hearts and souls out for the world to see, and henceforth have no more passion for putting into other people.

So, ask me again why I fell in love with a musician, he is beautiful. Do I recommend it? Of course I don’t! It is absolute hell, but going through hell produces something beautiful. It creates a messy gorgeous. If you are willing to put yourself on the line for an artist’s love, as I have done time and time again, then go for it. Put your whole self into them, and all of their beauty, and never let them go.