Undefined | Teen Ink

Undefined

By Djoseph BRONZE, Aberdeen, Other
Djoseph BRONZE, Aberdeen, Other

"I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship." by Louisa May Alcott

Love. What is love? No one can quite define it, it's something so great, so powerful that only one person could design it, God. Indeed, love is certainly beyond what man can define, for love is immortal. Love makes you blind, it makes you see who you think ‘ the one ' truly is. You see the good, the bad and the overall terrible because if you don’t see all the sides of a person you will never quite understand who they truly are.

Love is never perfect because everything has its little cracks some more than others. You have to nurture this undefined thing with the most precaution or else you could lose what you have tried to make. Losing whatever you have tried to sculpt can be devastating for it could break someone's heart, And them not being there feels like an unbearable pain that won’t go away until you fix things up.

Love includes pain but sometimes it's for the better good because finding someone else who you hope won’t drop the sculpture that you are trying to build is a part of life. You have to trust not only in yourself but in the one you care about to not do the same mistakes over and over again for sometimes they leave bigger scars than what can be seen.

Now I feel like I have defined love, it is not one thing or one person, it is about finding the right one hoping everything goes alright. Hoping that things won’t go as they did the last time you made the same mistakes, But when you find the one that doesn’t care about the scars you have embedded in your skin then you feel what ' true love ‘ must be like.