Best Friends | Teen Ink

Best Friends

By LaQuayQuay BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
LaQuayQuay BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

Girls seems to have the most the problems with their friends because they tell their best-friend or friends things confiding and trusting in them to keep it to themselves and not tell anyone else, but they end up doing it anyways. My mom has always told me "trust takes years to build up and only seconds to be taken away". I honestly think guys tend to have better friendships than girls simply because they don't sit around and talk about their friend to the next person or even fight over petty things like guys. Girls usually end up losing friends because they were talking about each other. Nowadays people are very fake.

It is hard to find the right type of friend. You have to find somebody who wants the best for you just as much as you do for yourself. Choosing to be friends with the wrong crowd has been happening a lot because being around people who like to smoke , drink , party , and skips school usually tend to rub off that person who doesn't. I understand that some people aren't easily influenced but it's easy to be peer pressured into something you don't wanna do. I personally like to hand around positive people , who like to lift you instead of bring you down . It's nothing better than being around fun, loving, and warm welcoming people.

Recently, their have been memes, a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users; that describe friendships. Meme's like "It's important to make friendships that are deeper than gossiping and drinking and smoking and going out. Make friends who you can go get breakfast with, make friends you can cry with, make friends who support your life goals and believe in you" show you how they are effective. These type of quotes have really became popular over the last few years. People use them not only for friendships but also relationships and sometimes even love. Friendships don't come cheap. Over the years, I have lost a lot of friends but in the end I learned not everyone who smiles in your face is your friend

This peice came from a writng prompt my English teacher gave us. I decided to share my opinion on Best Friends