It's Painful. | Teen Ink

It's Painful.

By Keya_Richardson GOLD, Medford, Oklahoma
Keya_Richardson GOLD, Medford, Oklahoma

"The Only Place Your Dreams Become Impossible, Is Your Thinking"

Have you ever been so hurt you just sit in silence? Maybe you just sit there shaking and crying inside your own pathetic mindset. Sitting there, listening to your own words echoing in your head second after second.  Is it the blood boiling in your veins that make your words come out clear when you speak? It’s sad how much you long to be loved, but in the end you are just crushed in your path to greatness. The voices you hear speaking to you in your head, which is not god, nor the devil speaking to you. That is in fact your bloody guardian angel telling you how stupid you can be for trusting someone for a short amount of time. The fact you can trust someone in a short amount of time and they go behind your back and crush you is the lowest. You ask yourself daily what you did to deserve this. What horrid act did I do to cause such pain being brought to me? Every day you sit and wonder what happened to god being good to you, or god having a nice great plan for you? You help so many people and they screw you over like nothing happened. You sit there every night in your room crying over wishing the voices and pain would go away. Wishing they would subside enough to where you could sleep for just one night without a tear stained pillow and blood soaked sheets where you dug at your old scars. The constant reminders that the past is real. Hell is real and it’s living inside you and all of us. My father used to tell me when I was younger; the devil was never dressed as a small, red man with a cape and horns. That he was in fact the most beautiful creature ever because he was gods favorite, and when he fell from heaven he decided to deceive others into whatever they loved the most. Harming others at the root of their issues. Some greater than others. It was heartbreaks, greed, fame, and lust. He disguises himself as whatever you cherish or love the most. Making it twenty times harder for you to end the terrible backlashes that have started. The devil is a cruel monster you see, he sets you up to success but then makes you fall for failure.  Loving the devil isn’t an easy thing; in fact it’s the most heartbreaking thing a person could do to their self. Want to know why? They love a creature that is plotting against their souls. Destroying their self-respect and life. Making everything crumble at the seams with no knowledge at the slightest. People are so naive at times you know that?  They never ever look at the signs beforehand.  Just remember nothing is set in stone and nothing lasts forever. Happiness is over rated and for people who believe in fairy tales.