The Reason For Love

By , Fairfield, TX
'One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love.'
Sophocles
Love is like a remedy to all strife in our lives. When we are down and low and feel like basically crap, Love lifts us up. Love is freedom, the best freedom in the world. Love is the reason we are saved from our sins and have free will. Some of us have lost that reason and are wallowing in our own self-pity. Love can save us from that. When I watch the news I get sick to my stomach at the sight of all the bad stuff that has been happening. Ok, I know it feels like I'm preaching now, but I'm not. I'm giving my opinion on a quote said by a very wise man, Sophocles. I believe he knew what he was talking about. I believe he is right about the word Love. And I hope that whoever reads this is filled with Love and can share what he or she believes about this quote. God bless you all.

MalorieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this quote, and how you put your opinion out there! I agree, it is true. I have a lot going on right now and there is one person who fills me with love and keeps me going, it's such a strong word.