My Home Away From Home | Teen Ink

My Home Away From Home

By Christina Wright BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
Christina Wright BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts

Bright shining sun, warm summer breeze. White, fluffy clouds blow past the mountain’s peaks. The cute condo is filled with family, fun times, and many, many, memories. The condo is like a time capsule; images and artifacts from the past 30 years. Each summer begins and ends the same; through the doors of unit S-12. The season is filled with laughter and smiles, but sometimes sadness and tears. The condo has seen it all; the good times and the bad.

My grandparents bought the condo over 30 years ago, never imagining that three generations would be under its roof. The aroma of Sunday morning pancakes fills the kitchen’s warm air, bacon sizzles in the pan, the sun smiles above the tall trees.

The atmosphere of North Conway is quaint and cozy. I love to walk around the tiny shops, soaking it all in. The White Mountains tower around us like nature’s skyscrapers. The largest of them all is Mount Washington, with its peak covered in white snow.

The cozy condo is my home away from home. It holds a special place in my heart, and its memories will last forever.