Heartache | Teen Ink

Heartache

By Jetti1 SILVER, Tampa, Florida
Jetti1 SILVER, Tampa, Florida

I rather you hate me for who i am,Then to love me for who i am not...

Heart-ache is something we all have in a life time of love, pain and sorrow. If it's to losing a loved one or a pet, we all feel it one way or another. For many reasons unknown to us. It's a feeling you can't live not knowing it, because it's a feeling that tells you your alive. Granted it's a feeling you never want to feel but will feel. To put it in a way pain demands to be felt whether you want to or not. It's life, and life can suck badly when it comes to this topic. This topic is something I've learned no one really wants to discuss, granted it's understandable as to why they wouldn't. Because when discussing this topic it's often after someone has passed or after a breakup.

With heartache it can be both and sometimes not even that. It can come in many different ways you could be sitting there listening to music. A sad song comes on that reminds you of something or someone and makes your heart ache for them. Then again it can be a movie that makes you upset. Just as reality can make you feel what you don't want to. Cause eventually heart-ache and reality mix then everything sets in. An in that moment you have to remember that it will end soon. Because heart-ache doesn't last forever as much as it seems like it. All that is possible is to let yourself feel, by saying it's okay to feel that way your living. I've learned feeling these feelings, have helped me through many tough time, whether it came to losing the person most dearest to me or even a breakup I'd had. Heart-ache is just something you live with, an it sucks something terrible.

When I came up with this article, I was actually watching Grey's Anatomy when one of the characters had to make the decision to pull the plug on her husbands life support. I found it to be a heart-ache not for just her but their loved ones on screen and off screen. I've watched the show from the begin and cried my eyes out when she had to make that decision, granted it is just a show but a very sad and painful moment.