Reminiscences. | Teen Ink

Reminiscences.

April 24, 2015
By sarahwithasmile BRONZE, Pune, Other
sarahwithasmile BRONZE, Pune, Other
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Art is the way to lose yourself and find yourself at the same time.


They say , ''friends are like melons,

shall I tell you why?

to find one good

a hundred we try.''


I can relate with it, but not entirely.I've been the kind of person who has a few but close friends.Ever since childhood I've had only one or two friends whom I can never forget.Times change, context changes, schools change but those friends still have a special place in my heart.I've struggled with shyness since I was a kid, but these friends are the people who saw the crazy and fun-loving girl behind my shell of tongue tied silence.


These are the people who have made my life rich, for I believe that not the number, but the heart of your friends is what makes a difference in your life.True friendship is one that transcends space and time.


I'm filled with nostalgia today, as I think of all my past memories, cherishing moments spent with my friends.I laugh at the silliness of our pranks, our games of make-believe and our beliefs; and yet, I can't help but wish to live those moments again.


In summer holidays, all of us used to play in a park from late noon till night, savouring every moment spent together.We used to climb on a high wall, sit on swings and sing songs together merrily.There were those stupid nicknames and secret languages that only we could understand.We'd danced so many times in rains and collected hailstones....We'd made harry potter wands and death-eater masks while munching on wafers, we'd created a magical world from our fantasy,we'd formed a secret detective club(inspired by the book 'secret seven' by our favorite Enid Blighton) and much more.We'd talked for hours together about our crushes on characters from fictions and mourned over the death of a fictional character.


I can picturise six tweens walking down the bright green grass with linked arms and blissful hearts.I can smell the freshly wettened grass after a shower of rain.I can feel the warm breeze of the summer afternoon when we lied down on the ground, gazing at the sky through green leaves.I can still go there and be with them....


Today, we no longer play every day as we used to.All of us are busy in our own lives.But whenever we meet, we can feel the love nurtured in the past growing stronger.None of us have forgotten those golden, care-free days.Cheers to my childhood friends.I love 'em all!


The author's comments:

Memories of times spent in childhood came back to me and I couldn't resist writing them down.