gullible

Gullible Isn’t a good look for me.
As you twist and weave my hair threw your fingers.
The sparkle in your eyes is blinding, and I can’t help but love it.
I can’t help but see your brown eyes to be true blues.
People say you talk out your ass always having the wrong cheeks flapping with the s*** leaking through your deceiving eyes.
But I don’t believe them besides just the other day you took me in your arms and removed the decaying past from my hands,and in that moment the birds sang and I could swear that you made the wind dance around us.
It was perfect just as it always is when you turn your charm on.
Maybe that’s all it’ll ever be, only charm.

No, because then everything you said would be a lie, and that would make me an ignorant girl with only hope that some one may see her for the beauty she hides underneath.
Have I become that pathetic girl who waits up nights for a phone call that just won’t happen?

No.

No I will never become her. I’m too dirty I’ve been through more, I know better than to believe in some magic carpet with a modern day Aladdin and a sweating beer in my hand.
I don't know what made me think that i could trust you.
I think i now understand why that beer was sweating, it was the secrets it kept it was the way it diluted the truth.
It couldn’t bare it, but I can, and I wont let a slurred I love you become a fond memory.
I’ll make you literally break your back before I see those words even form on your lips.
I don’t want it to be dreadful but I do want it to hurt.

Hay_Wire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow.. thats..powerful

Helene replied...
very powerful