What I Love... | Teen Ink

What I Love...

March 25, 2015
By Pilots15 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Pilots15 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
-Vince Lombardi


I know this is kind of cliché, but I love my mom.  My mother is a very kind and beautiful lady that is always there for me whenever I need her.  Do my mother and I argue?  Yes, more often than I’d like to.  At the end of the day, I’m never mad at her and I always give her a hug.  She is always sticking up for me, even if I’m wrong.  I have so many memories with her.  For example, this past summer, we went to Myrtle Beach and I remember how scared she was when we went on the sky wheel.  The sky wheel was a giant Ferris wheel right beside the beach.  It gave an amazing view, even though my mom was mainly focused on how scared she was until she finally calmed down.  I also remember when I was younger, around eight or nine years old, I would always come home and she would always help with my homework and afterwards I’d give her the biggest hug.  She always secretly, behind my sibling’s backs, says I’m her favorite.  I love her for many things.  She is always giving me anything I need, even if we didn’t have the money.  She is always willing to give up anything for us kids.  I definitely know that she loves me.  My birthday was recent, and my birthday’s get better and better every year.  I got the socks I wanted.  She got me clothes that are expensive and very nice looking that I’ll wear quite often.  She is always encouraging me and is always telling me how proud of me she is.  I love my mom to the moon and back.  That’s what we always say to each other.  She is the best mom I could ask for.  I feel that more kids should appreciate their parents more.