The Definition of Love | Teen Ink

The Definition of Love

By Lekoa BRONZE, Wilmington, North Carolina
Lekoa BRONZE, Wilmington, North Carolina

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise " - Victor Hugo

Love! Is the word today we use to show the highest level of caring for one person. Love is the word that can start a fight, end a fight, and start wonderful life of a family. Love today is the word that creates armth and blush in our hearts that makes us feel happy because someone cares fo you. The word changed o many times in age difference we see it by how when i was in Elementary/Pre-school around that age the word love when kids said it was made fun of and I cant remeber how many time other kids would joke about me when my mother siad "I love you" out loud infront of almost all my friends and right before class. In middle school the word was still used in the same way but was seen a strange gesture from someone because our age seemed quite young at the time. Now today were I'm in high school and I respect the word more because I use it towards my family that I love to death because with those people I would'nt be me. My family gav me everything I needed to survive but to show love they cared for me deeper than anyone else which made them different from regular poeple. Later on with my life the word will be much even more important to me because I will start looking for a romantic relationship with love. In the story Anthem the word love does not exist which is a let down because Equality is not able to show his devoted affections towards the women he desires which is liberty. This word is somehow forgotten and cretes lockdown of no emotions to anyone you care about but later on it comes back thanks to Equality and his drive to be with the one he truely cares about and shows a heroic romance.

In Anthem love is not alive and when I say alive its been destroyed/forgotten a while ago when the world changed. Love has been taken away from the people and to me that is the biggest crime towards life because the word relates to everything around the world because love is all around us and everywhere we go. We as humans were one of the many things on earth that recieved love and use it till the creation of earth. To have love taken away from yourself is like your purpose of life eing stripped away to start a new world. In Anthem Ayn Rand defines love as a reward from onee of her statements saying "That love is given to those who earn it" from this statement she describes love to be a prize you win at a fair. To deserve love is a shame because it shows no care because you dont need to earn someone's love becasue everyone deserves it already. In Ayn Rands book Anthem one of her characters Equality shows his action of love and caring for someone else by when in the story he decides to be selfish for once and leaves the city not looking back feeling happy until he realizes he forgot the one girl that he loves liberty so he rushes back to go get her and bring her with him only because this act of kindness towards another person pleasures himself due to him loving this girl. For this type of action Equality makes was made due to Ayn Rands decision making to show her philosophy on how you must put your pleasuring needs before anyone elses because that is your duty for life which she happened to so call ruin the whole heroic motion set from equality at the start from realization of forgetting the "Golden One".

To wrap my opinion if you were confused in the middle or fell in love with the meaning of life I'm trying judt to say love can't a deserving object because were not the one's to own it due to the real owner who gave it to us when we were created aswell as the plantes which is he lord who let us have the word love and use it in the way to treat the one you love with respect not to show off like  prize. All of this love being given to us gets deeper into christianity and catholicsm which shows how everything came to be like the word love. Love is the word we use to express the passion we feel for the one's that care as much deeply as we o for them and is not the duty to pleasure one self but to pleasure both person's to extend the quantity of the people who deeply care for other people and tat is what to me and what should be to all people what love is about and will always be about.