It's Okay to Be Gay | Teen Ink

It's Okay to Be Gay

By TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other
TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other

Today a future, tomorrow an emipre.

It’s ok to be gay; there are so many people in this world that are lesbian, homosexual or bisexual. There is nothing wrong with being one of these because they are also a sexual orientation, being one the orientations isn’t bad. You are being you and there is nothing wrong with you. God made you perfect and that is what you are! As a bisexual myself I never felt like I was born different or I was a freak because I know that what I am is who I am and no one can tell me that I wasn’t born proper or there is something wrong with me. No one has the right to judge you because they don’t know where you have come from and where you have been and where you are going. Don’t try change yourself because it only makes you sad and angry, if people can’t accept who you are they are the ones who need to change. Letting people change you and make into something you are not is the worst thing you could ever do to yourself; love yourself and people will love you. Remember this *If haters are hating you be doing something right.* Be you and stay cool.

I was insipired to write this because of the number of teens who face this problem everyday. I was also fazed by this problem but after accepting it I have learnt to love and support myself and others alike.