Me/W6 | Teen Ink

Me/W6

By verykate18 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
verykate18 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

Usually people will ask you to describe yourself, but how usful can that possibly be? If you know yourself or what you want to be you will say it whether its true or not. Its simply self perservation. Today I was asked to describe the oppisite of myself. This in itself is genius because of how much you learn by seeing what you think you arent rather than what you are. if you describe your oppisite as tall then that must imply that you find yourself to be shorter than a lot of people around you.

When I think about the oppisite of me I consider appearance but I would much rather compare life style than looks. More rather a comparison of the mind if you will. After all the way that people live and are trained to act, changes who they are, in side and out. I could create a fictional someone but I don't need to. My oppisite is Mariah. On the outside we appear to be actually quite alike. By appearance we both have big pouty lips, pretty eyes. long hair, eleven-year-old sisters, POMS, friends, honors classes, and so on. But even if the outside is mostly similar, we could never be more different. Our personalities, morals. She would leave someone behind if they wern'tgood enough to be in her company and  noto even care if it hurts to feel that. She's never felt it. Popularity comes to her naturally where as some of us aren't as blessed. She doesn't freak out about wearing more than mascara in the morning because she is naturally stunning, a luxury foriegn to many. She has never really known the hardship some of us have had to go through. If she is my oppisite then what does that say about me. Is she who I want to be? Is she who I don't want to be? Though that question is for your inner pchychiatrist to answer, what I can tell you is that you know a lot more about me and how I veiw the world rather than if I told you about who I "think" I am. So... Who am I?

This piece was a way to do some sort of soul searching. I had to do a lot of feeling unpuzzling before putting down my first word, but Ipersonally think that it paid off well.