What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

September 21, 2014
By dfeola316 SILVER, Exton, Pennsylvania
dfeola316 SILVER, Exton, Pennsylvania
7 articles 2 photos 0 comments

This past weekend I was at my cousin’s wedding. I’ve been to weddings before, but this was the first one that I was old enough to really be aware of what was happening. What I saw was beautiful. Everywhere I looked, there was love, and it was beautiful. I don’t think I have ever seen that many smiles in my life. As I watched the tears roll down her face, I began to rethink my definition of love. It isn’t how fancy of a restaurant I can bring my girlfriend to; it isn’t how much I spend on her birthday gift. Love can’t be held by a piece of jewelry or captured in a photo. Love is the inside jokes. Love is when our arms touch when we pass each other in the hallway. Love is sharing a bag of Doritos. Love is sitting on a roof at midnight with her hand in yours. Love is the awkward silences and the late night texts and the losing-control, crying-our-eyes-out, yelling-words-we-will-regret-in-the-morning moments. Love is the laughter we might forget in a year, but we will remember today. Love is the memories. Love is moments that feel like they will never end. Love is now and love is beautiful.