GET OVER IT

"I love you; you're the only one for me..." Those kind of lines. Another fight, then another make up. You let him in AGAIN. Even if it's the millionth time you've made up within the past month.

Okay, so I'm sitting on the couch, watching pointless re-runs of One Tree Hill. They were good the first time, but the third time...not so great. So, I'm watching Chad Michael Murray forgive Sophia Bush for cheating on him and she tells him she loves him and all is great... another episode comes on.. she is always questioning his love, which angers him... and they're in the pouring rain and he's telling her why he loves her. I mean, seriously? COME ON!
As I'm watching this, my friend calls me up. Her boyfriend (not his real name here), John, had dumped her again and she's just bawling on the other end as if the world was ending. "I think it's over this time... it's really... it's really over..." So, I tried being sympathetic as usual, and tried saying that there are other people out there.... you know the deal. Twenty minutes later, she calls me screaming because they're back together. A week later? Same thing.

Okay, I'm all for relationships. I'm all for searching and falling in love. I'm probably the biggest romantic I know. But, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Love each other or break up. In all fairness, it hurts to just break up then to drag on your breakups through the relationship. Deal with it, suck it up, compromise---whatever. Just stop leading the other person on, break their hearts, then try to fix it. It just doesn't work. And, in all honesty, the person will just fall out of love with you.

LindseyGirl235 said...
What if by tellign that person hwo they really feel you hur tthem to the poitn where they kill themselves?

LindseyGirl235 said...
Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:52 am
teel it like it is.

SmittyrSam said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:09 am
You couldn't be more right!! I have personally said the same thing. It's one of those "Been there done that, live and learn" type of scenarios. God I wish these girls could understand that mind games are not okay! once a cheater always a cheater. young love doesn't last like it did back in the day :( wonderful piece!

LeslieAnn said...
I couldn't agree more actually. Sounds a lot like things I've been through. You can only really break a heart so many times before the pieces dont go back together any more. The way I see it, you have two options: Break up, and be done with it, move on. Or work it out. But you cant do both. It just doesn't work that way. Good work.

AwesomeHeather said...
Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:08 am
I've had this happen to me. And it wasn't just one year with the guy; it was 3. It took a current boy friend to realize how horrible of a guy he is. I can't say it any better than you did in this writing. It's just better to let go then go through all the breaks and make ups almost every single week.