My Friends | Teen Ink

My Friends

August 15, 2014
By metheaspiring BRONZE, Chennai, Other
metheaspiring BRONZE, Chennai, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If there are no problems there will be no intelligent solutions. I would rather live with problems rather than giving up intelligent solutions


I am a first year college student. Now let me tell you this I am from a girls school which is very strict and boys are a banned topic of conversation. When I stepped into college I noticed no change because it was a womens' college and I assumed that it was strict too which is partly true. So I assumed that all the girls must be like me. Little did I realize I was wrong. At the first day I got two friends I can't tell you the names so let's say Priya and Varshika(they are not the real names) they were very nice they still are. But one day Priya showed me a photo of a boy saying that it was her boy friend. I blinked a little because nowadays it is common to call a boy who is our friend as boy friend. But on further questioning I discovered that she was in a serious relationship and she also planned to marry him! Then I discovered Varshika had a boy friend too. I got a cultural shock even if I was in my own country and the same city. But out of politeness I did not tell them anything. From that day they began telling me the time they spent with their boy friends. I sometimes would become flabbergasted their parents have no idea of their respective other lives of their daughters. they even thought nothing of spending time alone with their boy friends at their house without their parents! I was horrified at first then I became used to it. I know all the westerners who have read it will think what is the big deal? well I ask a question to all of you. Is this life? Is love everything in life? What do you gain by flirting? Why is it such a big deal? I am not against friendship with boys but this! But this is my opinion. As my friends call me I may be a goody two shoes. But you know what I am proud to be like this.


The author's comments:
My friends. I hope my questions are answered