Teen Love | Teen Ink

Teen Love

June 25, 2014
By bayleejess6 BRONZE, Helensvale, Other
bayleejess6 BRONZE, Helensvale, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Falling in love is like falling asleep, slowly then all at once. - The Fault in Our Stars


What is love? Is it thinking about that person before you fall asleep every night? Is it the butterflies in your stomach? Is it the look in your lover’s eyes?

Many people adults don’t believe in “Teenage Love” and I don’t get why. Who are they to tell us how we do and do not feel? They can’t just dismiss it as a small crush or a childish relationship. Overall, I believe no one can tell us if we are in love or not, whether it’s your parents, siblings or friends. You and only you can figure out what love is and some people may never even find it. You may be in love with one person because you’re happy, giddy and love having them around while you might find yourself in a different relationship where you yell, scream and it feels like your falling into a bottomless pit, yet you can’t bring yourself to let them go and they can’t leave you either.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is there are many types of loves. Everyone loves differently. Some people may be the high school sweethearts, constantly with each other. Others may continuously be with different people to find what really feels right. Due to the fact that every single one of the several billion messed up brains controlling bodies around this earth, no love will ever be, or feel, the same.


The author's comments:
Looking around this website I have found some things that are really interesting to me and love has always been something I've been interested in, even if I'm only a teen. Also I know my parents and friends parents are constantly skeptical about our feelings and emotions.