True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

By Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other

"Imagination is moreimportant than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Harold R.McAlindon

Love. No one can quite explain the feeling. Everyone experiences it differently. Everyone thinks of it differently. Everyone has different definitions. And everyone wants it so bad, without even knowing or understanding why. Sara Paxton said in one of her movies “Love is the closest thing we have to magic.” I think it is true. I believe love is magical. I believe love can lift you up and enrich your life. It can bring you happiness beyond your imagination. And it can build your character and shape who you are. Love is the key to mend a broken heart, love is the key to defrost a frozen heart. I can only explain my experience of love. I cannot explain what love is, I can only explain my interpretation of it. I don’t believe anyone has the definition of love. Love can never be defined logically. Because it is not logic. It is not science. It is not something you can just explain and everyone will understand. It is magic.
I love fairytale love that you see in movies, when the boy fights for the girl. I believe in fighting for what you love, not just a boyfriend or girlfriend, but also for family, friends, hobbies, interest, anything that you love. Anything which you cannot go a day without thinking about, is always worth the fight. For me, I know when I love something. When I am prepared to go to the limits, to prove my love to someone or to prove my devotion to something, then I am sure I love it.

Loving another person, is hard. And it is hard to explain. For me, it is when you find yourself in a position, that you would do anything to keep someone close or safe. It is when someone else’s happiness becomes your happiness. It’s when you can see the need of others, in front of your own needs. Love is when you never give up on a person. No matter how many times they hurt you, or how many times they upset you. What counts, and what real love is, is when you take in the negative, and throw it out again as positives. Love is when you forget your anger, and remember the love you have for someone. Love is when you can truly open your heart and let someone in and trust someone to love you as you love them. When you find the person who makes your life worth getting up in the morning for, you love them.

Love does not always work out the way you hope. Love cannot be controlled or planed. Love happens in the moments you least expect it. When I find myself in love, I find myself talking about him all the time. I find myself smiling whenever I think of him, or see him. My heart skips a beat whenever he is around. When he hugs me, I feel his touch linger. I know exactly what to say, and at the same time I have no idea what to say. I’m scared of hurting him, but at the same time I love him too much to not be honest with him. I know when we fight, I will still be there and love him just as much as before the fight. I can never stay mad at him for too long, because the time and energy I spend being mad, that’s the time I could have to love him and see the qualities I love. Whenever I hear his name, or think of him, my heart starts to race. And no matter how hard I try, I can never get him out of my head. That is how I know I love him.

"Love is the closest thing we have to magic"