Last I remember, you asseverated “Johnathan, I could see us talking.” | Teen Ink

Last I remember, you asseverated “Johnathan, I could see us talking.”

By Mr.JayCe SILVER, Antioch, Tennessee
Mr.JayCe SILVER, Antioch, Tennessee

For belligerence is not to be fooled with, it is the key to a lurid reputation.

This had me consider what you meant in which was obvious. I construed the implication that you could see us dating. This baffled me in a way that I could not fully understand, yet I could mostly conceptualize the idea. Yes, I have thought about it, I have considered the relationship status becoming more intimate. Although, I left the idea alone because I think it is best to respect your decisions, vise versa. In an instance, I could tell you that I think you are a wonderful person that is exciting yet gorgeous in every aspect. One thing that I depict from you that is incomparable with most women is that you clearly claim beauty while concerned with your academics. Surprisingly, you shocked me with that asseveration because I saw the area in my life of desperation being nullified but never sought to think that it could possibly be you.

I am just the man that is concerned with doing respectable work that he hasn’t yet found feasible whereas, you are the lady who ascertains beauty, yet has the ability to learn and self-indulge in her future. This idiosyncrasy that I have noticed is a feature many gorgeous ladies do not possess, and that is the largest epiphany yet to ruminate and flourish in my perpetual thoughts. My views on your asseveration have only challenged my mind twice now, which was once when we first met and now, but almost, four years later. In some respectable ways as a man, I have become curious as to what intentions we may mysteriously have for each other. In fact, it seems we’ve both mustered up the boredom to discuss with ourselves the vision that lurked in our brains.

This implication of a possible relationship now plays with my thoughts and feelings on the matter. I as your friend can hardly imagine ever taking the relationship further than it is. Not because of any negative reason, but simply put, I would have never thought it would happen between us. As of this letter, April 25, 2014, it hasn’t, which you mentioned it earlier today. Nevertheless, I assume that you still feel the same way which is as a friend. It is the only logically safe explanation I can come up with. This is the thought process I go through when expressing myself and shouldn’t be taken as a gesture or explicit request. Just a deliberation of what has been rambling in my brain for the past few hours. And, although this has excited me, this is a confusing consideration because as you begin to think everything seems complicated.

After all, I would enable myself to lend to you my heart as a gesture of my trust. Although, it is not guaranteed that I know what would happen but I assure you friends is something I’d heavily consider. Though, it would be an interesting experience, the decision would frankly, have to be entirely up to you. I am still contemplating what this means and what could happen. I will be ruminating and moving in my own lane unless you give an explicit affirmation that you would like to start something new.

Yet again, you have astonished me with you actions and I am sparked with the asseveration you announced to me. Also, you don’t have to say that you were ‘just saying,’ that much I can understand. This was my thought process and what I felt about the sensitive subject.

We are the best of friends, when one day in casual conversation she asseverated... But I don't believe she was trying to be explicitly implicit.