Concept Of Love | Teen Ink

Concept Of Love

April 20, 2014
By Tea Roberts BRONZE, Clearwater, Florida
Tea Roberts BRONZE, Clearwater, Florida
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Love is a strange concept. Why do we value this non-tangible thing with no true definition? Why does our society, even legally value love to the extent that it does? All love must be different, there is no statistical way that thousands of people feel the exact same way, as no two people are exactly alike. What is love in this world where no one is treated equally? After all age triumphs beauty, while beauty triumphs when age doesn't apply. If love itself is perfect then how does it exist? Any perfection in this world is trampled soon after it's revealed, purely by the human desire to see it. So many people flock to the idea of love that I doubt it even exists in its pure form anymore, if it ever did. It doesn't help that half the people who claim to love never fully do. For how can anyone ever be completely happy with everything anyone has ever done- or ever will do? How is it even physically possible? We were not created to find love we were created to survive, to claim life as our only undeniable right, not love. So how is it that we've evolved out of living and into an eternal struggle to find a ray of hope that we assume is love, a search for something we have no conclusive proof of existing? Why do we torture ourselves? Simply because maybe. Maybe there is an exception, and maybe love does exist and maybe Romeo and Juliet were in it- but we will never know will we? That's why love stories are tragedies, because how do we know if they work out in the end? What if Romeo got tired of Juliet wondering where he was and what if Juliet decided to stop fighting? But maybe they wouldn't. And that thought alone keeps us addicted to the idea of love and the pursuit of happiness. And so it stands as it is. Till death do us part- because if it lasted longer we wouldn't have made it.