Love is Not for Lovers

Let's leave romance to the romantics. It's simple; love is not for lovers. Love is not sexuality. It is more than raw physicality and it has nothing to do with skin or the bone structure of a body. It has nothing to do with words or written masterpieces, despite what we'd like to believe. If we look closely we will see that love is not a song; it's the music. It's the sound, but also, the silence. It's perfectly illogical, completely nonsensical, but absolutely irrefutable. It cannot be found in scripts or in stories, nor in letters or lyrics. It has nothing to do with one's ability to "feel". An x-ray will show that it cannot be found in the body. It is not in movies, nor in notebooks. It is not fleeting, nor is it fickle. It cannot be measured by time, nor distance, and not everyone can have it. Love is an unachievable goal, an unobtainable high. It is a gift given to few and you can live your whole life without realizing you have it. It cannot be seen, but it can sit right in front of you, leaving one to wonder if we're all really just blind and not it invisible. Love is not young, nor is it old. It cannot be wasted, nor can it be traded. It exists with a purpose we can never be quite sure of and is always held slightly out of our grasp.

packerbacker12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10 at 5:32 pm:
i'm sorry but i have to disagree with you a little bit. love can be seen. have you ever looked into the eyes of a mom when a baby is born to her true love and happiness for her  baby. love im my defintion is being willing to die for the other person and love is also the ability to have someone to lean on because they truely love you and care for you.

Indigo.Loves.SomeoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:15 am :
I agree with Packerbacker.

Sharlayne A. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is an amazing article. I enjoyed reading it.

Ren-P. said...
I really like this, it is so true, and such good writing.