Educator of the year nomination | Teen Ink

Educator of the year nomination

By Kathryn.matic BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Kathryn.matic BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

As a 9th grader at DMA I love seeing all the teachers and all my friends. It’s a small school filled with great people and amazing friends. Every day is a new day with new friends and new experiences. Who makes this school what it is are the staff, and teachers. Then there’s Mr. O.

Mr.O is my 9th grade civics teacher. He makes me laugh everyday as well as everyone else. He’s crazy but at the same time he’s very intelligent when it comes to civics. He used to teach at St. E’s and has taught some of my friend’s parents, which is crazy to think about. He’s been teaching for a while here at DMA, which is a great thing.

DMA must be very happy to have him there because I sure am. The first time I met him I thought he was going to one of those old, boring, social studies teachers, but he wasn’t. He makes me laugh at the stupid things he does. He repeats the same things every morning. “Number one, I will be calling role”. “Bam”. “We will watch the BBC news” His little smirk smiles are so funny. He’s just so funny and has to be right about everything he says. If you’re in a bad mood, just go to civics and laugh at the things he does. Not only does he make me laugh but he teaches me a lot about civics and why it’s so important.

Overall Mr. O is a great teacher. He can be in a bad mood sometimes. He will move you away from your friends or yell at you at times. It’s okay though because having such a funny person teaching you civics will make up for it. He affects me by making me laugh and smile and being there to teach me civics and to have a great class. Almost everyone I know loves him and thinks he’s hilarious. He’s the best civics teacher I’ve ever had.

If you’ve never met Mr. O, you’ve got to meet him. He’ll make you laugh and smile and will teach you a lot about civics. I’m so glad he’s my teacher. I hope he stays at DMA for a while so other people can experience his class. If you ask anybody about Mr. O, they will say how much of a great person he is and how much he’ll make you laugh.

i wrote this about funny teacher.