Why is love so difficult? | Teen Ink

Why is love so difficult?

By Pearl14 BRONZE, Los Lunas, New Mexico
Pearl14 BRONZE, Los Lunas, New Mexico

"Failure is not an option its a choice"

In many cases religion, society, appearances, and sometimes even family matters. In my case it was religion and family. Based on my religion you couldn’t date someone until you could say you were ready to get married. Obviously I was not ready. Even though my parents forbidden me not to talk to him it was impossible for me to obey my parents. I felt like I really loved him. I was only 14 at that time but, age doesn’t really matter when it comes to love. I would sneak out when I could to meet him and to talk to him. Everything was going good until, my dad found out. He was really mad and I got in big trouble. We had to break up and I was sad because we had about a year going out. Up to these days I could still say my parents don’t like him. I started talking to another guy and he is nice. I do like him but, two years later he comes back to my life. We started talking and I told him the reason why I broke up with him. He has asked me out again and I was shocked. I did not know what to respond to him. So many things were going through my head. What would my parents say if I say yes? How would they react to it? Is it worth it? What am I going to do with the other guy? I like him but I just can’t go back to same thing… I have moved on but something tells me if it wasn’t for my parents I would be with him. He would be the only one in my life. I have to move on and he has to do the same. Why is love so difficult?