He Broke Her. | Teen Ink

He Broke Her.

March 11, 2014
By xXToxicXXXLoveXx BRONZE, Howe, Oklahoma
xXToxicXXXLoveXx BRONZE, Howe, Oklahoma
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And me and all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to prove. And it's you and me and all of the people. And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you."


He broke the girl he was suppose to love. He completely destroyed a beautiful girl and made her a mess of a human being. He made her the thing she was scared to become. She was scared to become this empty shell of a human being. A girl without a heart. A girl that put her walls up and blocked everyone out. The girl that was depressed and dying on the inside, but the one that smiled a bright, fake smile, and told them all that she was fine. Her heart was falling to pieces, but she would just lie, tell the world around her, the world that she was so envious of, that she was perfectly fine. She was envious of this world because it was so colorful, while she was stuck in her own world that was shaded black, white, and gray. She knew where she was, but the others didn’t. She acted colorful around them, all of them, everyone, but when they left she faded back into her dark colors. She wished she was colorful again, but the boy who destroyed her took it all, just sucked all of the life out of her, along with her love and compassionate for others. She feels if she can’t beat her own demons, then she can’t beat anyone demons. She is alone, no one cares about her. Everyone thinks that her life is amazing, but she cries at night when she is alone. She grips her pillow, buries her face in her pillow, and cries her heart out for someone who broke her, for someone who said that they really love her, but really don’t. She tries to stay strong, but when her heart breaker, her love, is mentioned, she just wants to break down in tears, but she doesn’t for the sake others. She wants someone to notice how much she is dying inside, but of course, she doesn’t want to feel like trouble either. She tries to write her emotions out of her, she tries to sing them out, she tries to draw them out, but no one seems to notice that. No one seems to care. She has started to live with the demons and fears that she will always be alone with them. She is starting to believe that the fairy tales don’t exist, that there is no prince charming or knight in shining armor. She thinks that love maybe real, but it will never last. She just thinks love is a emotion that sooner or later fades away. She hates herself for letting him break her, and all of her love for herself is now a love for him she wishes she could get over. He broke her, and she just keeps letting him break her...


The author's comments:
This was a piece I wrote when I was heart broken by someone who was my first love.