Don't We All? | Teen Ink

Don't We All?

By WillAlex BRONZE, Mandeville, Louisiana
WillAlex BRONZE, Mandeville, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Are you human? Do you think? Ponder? Do you have a brain? What about a heart? Do you have a heart? Doesn’t every human have a heart? Isn’t the heart where love is derived? Isn’t love beauty? Do you desire? Do you have feelings? Do you appreciate love, beauty? Doesn’t every human appreciate love and beauty? Doesn’t every human have desires, feelings?

Do such minor things as the color of our skin, or the sins we’ve committed change any of this? Do they change the blatant fact that every human has a heart? Do they change the fact that love is derived from the heart? Do they change the fact that love is beauty? Do they change the humanly desires installed into every one of us?

Do such minor things as the religions we place our faith into, or the beliefs we identify with, change any of this? Do they change the blatant fact that every human has a heart? Do they change the fact that love is derived from the heart? Do they change the fact that love is beauty? Do they change the humanly desires installed into every one of us?

Is there one among us who does not agree? Who does not see the undeniable similarities in all of us? Are these similarities something that can change? Aren’t these similarities established within us from birth, and can never be destroyed until death? Are those who cannot see these similarities blind?

Isn’t it part of human nature to desire love?

Isn’t it part of human nature to give because we have received? Aren’t we as humans more likely to give when we have received?

Then is giving love receiving love?

And is love something deep? Is it so deeply buried under water that one must look past everything to find it? Don’t we have to look for beauty? Isn’t beauty love? And isn’t love derived from the heart? And isn’t there a heart in every human?

But doesn’t every human living today sin? Don’t we all make mistakes? Aren’t these mistakes the water that we have to look past to find love? Aren’t we all as humans unique, therefore different? Aren’t these differences the water we have to look past to find love?

And isn’t giving love receiving love?

Don’t you want to receive love?

Don’t we all?

I wrote this piece to show that when we agree to certain things, things accepted by most of humanity, we can easily come to terms with the fact that we need to love. I creatively use metaphorical questions to get my points across about love.

kkdreamer101 SILVER, Mandeville, Louisiana

I'm never going back; the past is in the past. Let it go.

Beautiful, Will, as always.