Why Believe in Fairytales? | Teen Ink

Why Believe in Fairytales?

By BriannaW23 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
BriannaW23 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

"To believe in love, you have to believe in fairytales and prince charmings" - Taylor Swift

Why Believe in Fairytales?

Remember when we were little and we watched Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty endless amounts of time? I watched every Disney princess movie at least 50 times, that it annoyed the crap of my brothers. I grew up thinking that prince charming was going to be easy to spot. I thought it was going to be easy to pick him out from everyone else. In all the famous fairytales, picking out the good guys and the bad guys is always the most obvious thing to point out. Even now, as I have learned, picking them out isn’t as easy as we thought it was going to be.

I think that I am possibly the biggest hopeless romantic ever. I’m that girl that dreams about getting kissed in the rain and falling in love. I still daydream about being a princess someday and I don’t think that will ever change. But there is so much negativity in the world about fairytales and how silly they are to believe in. Don’t you think?

But I refuse to think that fairytales don’t exist anymore. I know that guys all seem the same, but believe me; your prince charming is out there. He may not appear out of thin air, but he will come. He will come unexpectedly. Don’t be scared of what love may throw at you, because every heartbreak is another step closer to finding your prince charming.

So why believe in fairytales? Believe in fairytales because they are the closest thing we have to magic. Love is the closest thing we have to magic. Would Cinderella be a princess if she didn’t believe that she could be? Did Ariel stop having hope because she and her prince lived in two worlds? Stay optimistic and wait for your prince charming to come, because he will.
“To believe in love, you have to believe in fairytales and prince charmings.” – Taylor Swift

Always believe in the magical happy endings that you dreamed about as a kid.

shykk.shykk said...
..' ii don't believe in fairytales but i am searching for my "prince charming".. <3