Think Before You Act | Teen Ink

Think Before You Act

By milly97 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
milly97 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"Just like a rainbow after the rain, a good thing will always happen after you experience the pain."

Don’t you think the significance of sex has been lost? I believe teenagers should not have sex, only when they are mature enough to accept the possible consequences. But have you thought about the consequences? I mean what if you get pregnant? Are you going to be able to provide and support that child?

Most teenagers only have sex because they think if they don’t they are not going to fit in or they not going to be cool enough. Don’t you think the significance of sex has been lost? It’s surprising how sex is just another normal thing to do. I don’t agree with that. I believe that sex involves maturity and the person to be old enough to really understand what sex really is.

There are plenty of consequences for teenagers that start having sex at an early age. One of the most common consequences is getting pregnant. Some teenagers are not mature enough to have a baby. Having a baby is a big responsibility to take. You have to have enough money to maintain the child and give the child everything they need. Another consequence is STDs. Sometimes teenagers don’t think about the risk of having unprotected sex. That’s why I say, the significance of sex has been lost. Because most teenagers don’t think much about what person they having sex with. Sex should only be done with that special person that you see a future with. Teenagers have to set their standards, because most of them settle for whatever and it shouldn’t be that way.

The percentage of teen pregnancies has increased a lot. But everything starts at home or what you see. Parents should teach their children about sex and its consequences and tell them how big of a responsibility is to have a child. Trust between the parent and the teenager is an important factor in a teenager’s life that will affect the decisions they make. A teenager should have enough trust to ask their parents about sex. They need to have trust in their parents to talk openly without worries about what they have been doing. And a parent should be able to understand their children, and think about how they once were teenagers too.

In conclusion, I think the best way to reduce teen pregnancies starts at home. Parents should be supportive of their children, making them trust them. Teenagers should ask their parents for advices. On the other hand, if you are going to have sex use protection and only when you feel you are ready to accept the possible consequences. Think before you act.

milly97 SILVER said...
milly97 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Thanks, I will.

on Dec. 31 2013 at 10:06 am
19Jordan96 BRONZE, Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

look up, find it, and go for it

i have an artical that is the opposite of yours but i agree with you half way read mine and tell me way you think?