Love and the contemporary world | Teen Ink

Love and the contemporary world

August 22, 2013
By Shrey Som BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
Shrey Som BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Recently I came upon a really sad story reflecting the present generation’s understanding of the most powerful thing in the world “Love”. It goes like this- once there was a mother, she Loved her child to the utmost extent, her love was immeasurable. However one day her son fell in the clutches of a wicked lady, beautiful as the moon but nonetheless wicked and sinister. The son loved the girl a lot, however this wicked maiden asked him to prove her love by bringing to her his mother’s heart. The son hounded by the love of the maiden without second thought pierced his mother’s heart out and ran back to the witch. On the way he stumbled upon a rock and fell down. Then a voice from his mother’s heart asked with concern “are u hurt, son? This is True love. It is out of my power or maturity to completely understand this entity, but on some basic experiences of Teen life, I conclude that the greatest love ever was, and will be a Mother’s love. Not a father’s love, because he loves his son for what he is, not your spouse’s love because they love you for various pleasures. But a mother’s love because she loves her child only because he is her child, she loves the child more than anything in the world, this kind of love is eternal. Now, our generation has somewhere lost this moral concept and have a very negative idea of love. I cannot criticise love, I respect it but have no rights to concentrate the value of it on this sheet of paper. Love, among people can be the greatest harbinger of peace. We should be “god-loving’ people not ‘god-fearing’ ones. However, the most important Love for a man’s life is His ‘Love’ for himself. The moment a person loves himself he shall become enlightened, I believe most of the traditional means to attain nirvana also include one loving himself. But such a powerful entity is used for immoral practices in today’s moral- less world. This is just a short comment on my idea of, as we call it – The most powerful thing in the world “Love”