Dating as early Teens

So-called "dating" used to be a term that embodied true love, not the fluttering fancies that it now holds. It is when a couple go out somewhere together, and do something fun or interesting. At least, that is what it originally was. Now, the idea of it all has begun to disintegrate when children that are 12, 13, 14, and 15 are "dating." Do they have the experience to know that this is true love, and that it will last? Not only that, but what is dating to them? They don't actually go anywhere as an actual couple together. Half the time, their parents have no idea they are "dating" someone. For the most part, it only includes texting each other all the time, maybe holding hands or hugging at school... Is this real dating? I think not. I am not trying to offend those that "date" in such a manner, I am merely pointing out how this idea of early dating really isn't dating at all. It is pretty much just having a best friend. So why don't you call it what it is?

PargaranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:33 am
I agree comepletely! Finally, someone not going along with all this pre-teen dating crap! xD

Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:31 am
I agree completely!! Finally, someone who's not going along with all this.....crap. xD

dragonsandthree said...
Hey, Lisa! This is great! Also, I heard that you might be leaving the site?

compassion said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:47 am
Nice thought to share. I agree with you.Hope you write more of your thoughts about this but i understand you were in a rush.