LOVE: Chemical reaction or Soul Connection? | Teen Ink

LOVE: Chemical reaction or Soul Connection?

June 8, 2013
By AngelsKiss PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee
AngelsKiss PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee
25 articles 0 photos 83 comments

Favorite Quote:
You have the power to live another Childhood, so open up the door leaving back your doubts.


Have you ever thought about it? This thing that we call love? You know, they say we know when we meet our husband/wife, but wouldn’t that make it love at first sight? And does that in our eyes really exist, when we know it also takes years of work and time and effort to make something so worthwhile. While others like to live it up in the heat of passion. But which one really rules out: the chemical reactions or this soul connection from deep within and past the brain. Or could it be both?

On the science aspect of love, I’ve read up on the subject and learned a few things. One thing that I read up was, that humans have a gene called the “monogamous gene” ‘mono’ meaning one. By having this gene it allows you to have long-term relationships and the ability to have life mates. But while some have this gene, some do not. And in studies it shows the ones that do not have this gene are the ones that have been divorced quite a few times and find it harder to sustain a long-term relationship. And that oxytocin it also known as the “love hormone” reason why is because this hormone is released when a girls’ breast is caressed, during sexual intercourse, and when a woman is in labor. This hormone allows the woman to create an emotional attachment. Which can be good, but bad at the same time, given the circumstances.

Let’s start out with the definition of soulmate, shall we? ‘Soulmate is a lifelong partner that is predetermined by God. Believed by some to be the person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity, similarity, love, sex, intimacy, or compatibility.’ Now the most common myths about Soulmates are that: when you meet your Soulmate, you’ll end up marrying them. You only have one Soulmate. Soulmate relationships are always blissful and happy because you finally met ‘The One’. And the last is that you can’t feel complete until you meet your Soulmate. What you have to know is that having a Soulmate does not always make it easy. Sometimes there are obstacles in your way, lessons to be learned. And if fate has it, you could be blessed with more then one Soulmate, the only thing is that you won’t always know. Relationships itself take time, effort and sacrifice. Just because you met the one your going to be with doesn’t always mean you’ll be together if you’re not willing to put in the time. Some relationships start with a spark, while others gradually become strong. It all depends on who you are and whom you are with, because with love you can have many outcomes.

So you see, that this soul connection and science itself, seem to play in together. I think in order for it to work you have to have everything and nothing, all at the same time. I know that doesn’t really make sense, but all in good time you will. Soulmates are like Masterpieces sometimes; you don’t see a great artwork without knowing the years of pain and dedication to do it.