Boys and Girls

I'm sick of the stereotype that all that teen boys care about is looks and boobs when it comes to girls. I mean, lots of girls complain that boys only like blonde haired blue eyed preppy cheerleaders. And I may be a girl, but on behalf of teenage boys everywhere, I know that boys actually do care about a girls personality. I mean, everybody, girl or boy, is going to be slightly judgmental of looks, and you may or may not think someone is physically attractive, but I don't think that boys let that control who they like, don't like, date and don't date. For example, I know this boy who has asked me out and has admitted to me that he likes me, and, I'm not saying I'm ugly, but I'm an ordinary girl- blonde hair, pretty eyes, but a large nose, a pimple here and there, just, well, the average body. ;)
I have a lot of boys who are my friends, and when they tell me about the girls they like, they never say "She's hot." or "She's got a nice body." or anything of the sort. They do say, "She's funny, smart, nice, we have a lot in common..." So while, like any girl, I get frustrated with boys, I would also like to defend them and their emotions.
Thank you!

dragonsandthree said...
Thank you! I really liked this.

AliMotamedi said...
May 15, 2013 at 6:53 am
i can't even express my gratitude. i mean thank you so much. and its lovely to know that there are girls out there who understand and aknowledge such things. once again thanks a bunch, and you write very well..!