What is LOVE | Teen Ink

What is LOVE

By MadSilver GOLD, Woodstock, Georgia
MadSilver GOLD, Woodstock, Georgia

Love is fake. Love is not real. It is a story we tell our children so that they grow up believing. But after a while the truth of it all wears off. They start to realize it is all a lie. Love is something that can be hidden in plain sight, but it breaks just like glass. But the faster it is found, the quicker it falls apart and disappears. We can only understand if we have felt true love, but has anyone? If love is real, then how can there be hate and death? If love is real that why do we have wars? If there was love, then why do we get hurt so easily? How can we understand something that doesn’t exist? How can we feel love is it is a lie? How can it hurt so much when we never even loved them in the first place? How come every time I see him my heart aches? I never loved him, and I don’t now. But somehow the mention of his name makes me want to cry. Whenever I see him, I want to just walk away but I can’t, it’s like there is something holding me there making me watch his every move. When I see him happy, I just want to scream. Why does love, even if it’s not there, hurt so much. Nothing makes sense anymore; no one cares about how much it hurts. And even if they did care, it wouldn't be any better. I tired of people telling me how sorry they are; when in reality they just want to run away from me.

This is just my opinion on what LOVE is and how it effects me as a teenager in today's sociotey