Falling | Teen Ink

Falling

By Yerenna_Lubs-Yew SILVER, Houston, Tx, Texas
Yerenna_Lubs-Yew SILVER, Houston, Tx, Texas

"It's not how many times you fall down is how many times you get back up"

Isn't it weird how one day you're just living life thinking that you won't find someone to give you purpose or thinking that maybe it's for the best that you'll die alone? And then you meet that one person that you never in your life have seen or talked to and something about them just mesmerizes you and you're immobile and paralyzed and you can't understand why all these emotions are attacking you like piranhas all at once taking over your body and soul but you like it. It brings you happiness yet also desire to have that person by your side, call them your own and hold them to cradle like a newborn on a cold winter night. Despite you not knowing one single thing about this other living soul you have just laid eyes a upon, you know that you have a feeling deep in your heart that is fighting to burst out like gashes of blood out of an open wound. And there's pain, the kind of pain that intrigues you from both sides of your soul. The pain that makes you fear not being able to cherish and to hold that one so delicately as your racing heart is desiring too. But pain of the soul that loves for the first time. That blooms like a delicate rose petal by petal. You're torn between approaching that magnificent force of sunlight that derives from such one you have just witness steal your heart, or simply walking away. That's what it feels to fall. To not breathe through the storm of wind slamming against your body as you fall rapidly to the bottom of that deep endless pit of love. It's terrifying and frightful, to fall in love with the ONE.