It's Over | Teen Ink

It's Over

March 3, 2013
By foreigngirl BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
foreigngirl BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It's Over.

Relationships over. how hard can that be to understand? I mean, yes it is sad, depressing, and upsetting. But is what life is about. We are just teenagers starting to live, that deserve to live. And not with just one person. It Is the moment of our lives, to learn, to make mistakes, cry, get over and start again with more knowledge.

I had a relationship that last four years. We had our ups and downs, and we got through all those problems. But there is always a limit for everything, And when you reach the limit and try to go beyond it would just make everything worse. During the four years I spent with him we broke up more than once. To be specific they were four times. Love makes people stupid. And when I say stupid I mean in all kind of sense, stupidly in love, stupidly happy, stupidly sad, stupidly everything. And in those moments is when you say the things that you feel, but they are things of the moment, you say them because is your heart, not your mind thinking. I don't know if I should say I'm regretting of the things I said, or I did, But I really wish I could go back and think twice, or three times before saying it or doing what I did.

I did so many things with him. He was my first love, my first kiss, my first everything. We had a romantic, lovely and happy relationship for a long time. But not everything is as well as it looks like. It Is sad to say, to admit. But after all the times he told me I was going to stop loving him or stop liking him in our fights and me denying, it happened… I realized it wasn't what I really wanted for my life. I'm a teenager, I have more things to be thinking on. I'm not ready to decide my future, how may I know if I really want to be with him for the rest of my life? If I can't even decide what I'm going to wear to go out…

The hardest thing was being honest. Honest about my feelings with myself…but that's just the first step. After that you just have to encourage yourself, and think by yourself, without letting others decide for you. The only person who knows yourself better than you is God. I was that girl that used to not text with other boys even if they were just friends, or going out in a girls night just because of my boyfriend. He was first in everything related with my life. Many people told me "do not make him first. You are too young for the commitment you two have" But I decided to ignored them. Even knowing that my parents were part of that group of people.

Well… with all this what I'm trying to say is don't let yourself be down for a guy's love. I know sometimes is really hard to understand, it took me 4 years to realized there is more people in the world I could be with. There is going to be someone better in your life. Just don't be afraid. And start thinking with an open mind. Because it could be anybody, even the person you least expect it to be.

And if you are in a break up right now just let it go… Don't push too hard… It never works. If the other person had made a decision respect it.

My boyfriend had tried too hard on me… and now I'm the mean girl, just because I don't want to do anymore what he wants me to do. It becomes everything in a dramatic situation, were we transform ourselves in two people we can't stand anymore. Today we are two strangers.
And now I'm living my life again. Just me. I'm feeling happy, I'm doing again what I like to do. But as always he appears for the simple reason he wants to ruin everything again. Ruin all opportunity of a friendship. And I wonder why? why are you doing this to me? you have another girl, you are with someone else, posting things in the social network, telling her you love her how glad you are of meeting her. And you dare to call me, text me, even FaceTime me. To put the pressure in my shoulders again, to make me feel uncomfortable, guilty, and just bad and tired of everything. To ask me if I still like you, if I still love you, if I miss you, if I'm going to go back with you soon. And I'm just like no. Respect me, and when I say respect, I mean don't even try to make me change my opinion, to make me do something I don't want to do, because you transform the situation in a live or death decision. Please get over it. I'm tired. I'm done with you. I'm sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have to grow up, and sadly I have chosen do it without you.

This will certify that the above work is completely original.


The author's comments:
Is about how I'm feeling right now with my ex relationship. Of how tired I'm of all this stuff...