Player? | Teen Ink

Player?

By WalshWarrior5 SILVER, Bedford, Ohio
WalshWarrior5 SILVER, Bedford, Ohio

If you can't change your mind, you can't change anything.

I remember the first day. The first day I met you. You came over to my lunch table to talk to your friend. I had no clue who you were. I asked around and people told me your name. People called you by a nickname. I thought it was a pretty silly nickname, but I let it go. I had short conversations with you but we never really talked. One day I had the courage to message you and ask for your number. You gave it to me and we began to talk. We texted, we talked on the phone, we did all of that. I really started to fall for you and I know you were falling for me too. Things were getting pretty serious. But then you ended it. You told me it wasn't going to work out. You weren't ready for a relationship and you just wanted to be friends. I understood that, so I followed your words. I backed away and gave you your space. A month or so passed and I'd see you walking down the halls with this other girl. Of course I got jealous. I'm usually ok but that time it got to me. We'd pass each other in the halls and we wouldn't even look at each other, well you wouldn't look at me. I know you noticed me. Whenever I saw you I looked at you but I couldn't help but gain a smile on my face every time, so I had to look away. On valentines day I told you happy valentines day and that's when we started talking again. It's been about 4 days so far, but it's been going great. Everything is back to the way it was. We've been talking from morning til night. I want everything to work out this time, but for some reason I'm still bring a little cautious because I don't know what happened with that other girl. I'm just becoming aware of more things. Are you a player? Or are your feelings for me, right now, truly genuine for me and only me?

I'm sure some of you will read this other will not. But it's a short story about my love life with minor tweaks just to make it a little more fictional and not so personal. Mind you it's 1 in the morning but I need to type this.