This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

By sammac BRONZE, Lincoln, Rhode Island
sammac BRONZE, Lincoln, Rhode Island

Life can be filled with unexpected twists and turns and sometimes life can be rough. But these challenges can be conquered with the help of our family. Throughout my life I have realized that when things are tough and you are in a difficult situation, your family is always there for you no matter what the situation. I believe family relationships are important because they support you during the tough times and provide happiness and joy during the good times. Families can always help, whether it is in making a difficult decision or supporting and encouraging you in new endeavors. My life has been filled with obstacles and adversity yet with the help of my loved ones, these events have been conquered. These strong family relationships can also carry on the traditions of generations before me. Strong family relationships are key in having a happy and successful life.
I have a large family and yet throughout my life I have kept strong relationships with many of them. My dad had two siblings and my mom also had two siblings. In my large family I am close with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Despite the age gap and the gap geographically, I spend a lot of my time with them on the weekends when we ski together as a family or in the summer going to the beach or playing golf. Even though I am still young, some of my best childhood memories have been spending time with my family skiing. The races between my cousins that made each run feel like the Olympics. I know that I can count on my family for anything no matter what. These family members can create good and fun times, despite the challenges of everyday life.
One of the main reasons I believe family relationships are important is from past experiences, I know that strong family relationships are key to success. The adversity I have faced has been lessened with the help of my loving family. The words of my grandmother stick with me and encourage me to keep fighting and that the better days are to come, “Things can only get better after they have gotten worst.” Thinking about this saying, it is telling me that after the days of pain are behind us, the days of joy are here. With this I know things can only get better after the damage is done, and this only happened because of the help if my family.
Creating strong relationships can be very helpful in tough times. Your family members can listen to you when you are going through a rough time or they can guide you on the right path with advice. I believe family relationships are essential to a long, happy and fulfilled life. I do not know what my life would be like without the strong family ties I have today. Maintaining these relationships is key to having a successful and joyful life. Friends may come and go, but your family is always there for you.