Am I a different kind of dreamer? | Teen Ink

Am I a different kind of dreamer?

September 26, 2012
By GillianAG BRONZE, West Fork, Arkansas
GillianAG BRONZE, West Fork, Arkansas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

So, one day I thought, I have the right to say how I’m feeling and to lose my cool every now and then. I don’t have to be perfectly calm all of the time. I have the right to be negative, sad, crazy, argumentative, and just a little weird. As I have the right to feel love, happiness, extreme positivity, and the need to just get away. I think I have the right to be a little burdensome to others, maybe not all of the time, but sometimes. Just as others have this same right. No one is perfect, and no one can fit the bill for someone else's idea of perfect, and they certainly shouldn’t have to. I think we all have the right to be an eyesore, distraught, different, the black sheep, someone who doesn’t have to agree. We shouldn’t have to hold up to someone’s image of how things should be or how they want them, we have the right to be ourselves, and be who we want to be. The only dreams we should have to live out is our own, or if not live out, at least try. The dreams that I hope we all will want to live out are dreams of love, hope, and something positive or inspiring in a way that is good, dreams of open minds and hearts. But the world is not made up of only good and good intentions, some of the world and some of the people who live in this world only have dreams of evil, destruction, and greed, dreams that they feel are the right thing. But they have a badly distorted view of things, and those dreams of those people are the dreams that I hope never come to pass, never get lived out or fulfilled, never go through. Because I dream of a world of only good and good things dreamed of, a world where there are no liars and we try to make the best for others, and in result make the best for ourselves.


The author's comments:
I wrote this one day when I was filling trapped, a bit ignored, and somewhat distraught. I wrote it feeling rebellious. Then I realized it really had a positive message, and I hope maybe a few people can relate. Maybe. Hopefully.