FINDING A TRUE-BLUE FRIEND | Teen Ink

FINDING A TRUE-BLUE FRIEND

By Chiko354 BRONZE, Pardo, Other
Chiko354 BRONZE, Pardo, Other

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
(Judy Garland)

What is a friend? How does it feel to have a true-blue friend?

A friend, they say, is a person with whom you dare to be yourself, whom you can share all your thoughts and feelings without reservations. He or she is like a piggy bank where you can keep your hidden secrets and darkest experiences.

Having one is like bringing home the bacon because you’ve won someone’s trust and confidence. Not everyone is blessed with a true friend. We all have friends and acquaintances but a true friend is hard to find.

A true friend does not focus on your shortcomings and imperfections but rather on your real being, the real you that is hidden deep inside your physical appearance.

A true friend will let you do your best and will always say “Go for it!” or “You can do it.” He or she is happy for your success, never envious or insecure about your achievements. He/She is in your back in times of difficulties and serves as your light to guide you out of confusion and challenges in life. He/She will see to it that you are not alone in this world and that you are both on this fight together. One thing is sure—you have each other.

Just like Jesus. He is a true friend who readily lay down His life to save us, His friends, no matter what and who we are. He totally accepts our weaknesses and He never condemned us for our wrong doings. He readily forgives and forgets.

If you think you have found a true friend, you’ve must been lucky, dear! He/She is sure to cry with you in your failures and laugh with you in your success. You have found the one.

CONGRATULATIONS!

This article is dedicated to my best friend who is always there for me.