The Examination of Love | Teen Ink

The Examination of Love

By Marcus67 BRONZE, Millville, New Jersey
Marcus67 BRONZE, Millville, New Jersey

You have the choice

Love, one of the most unexplainable forces in the universe. What is it? Is it nothing more then a chemical balance? Is it something more? It makes us do things, makes us feel ways that are never the same for one person, which is what makes is so difficult to understand. How do you when your in love? This question eludes even the best of us at times. Saying your in love is not enough, but sometimes you can be in love and not exhibit the cliché love characteristics. Sometimes love means saying goodbye, love and pain. Although those two different emotions entirely, coincide more then one may think. Love hurts, which is something ive come to know over the years. What am I saying ?? Ive never been in love in my life. Ive had love for people, but I don’t think I have ever loved someone. But what are these feelings then? Why do I care so much but not love? Love is not something that should be toyed with. Love….love is a fire. Its something that will burn you eventually but in the mean time, keep you warm. These feelings reside is the most dormant part of our heart, no our mind. Its all in your head , you feel it in your chest it can affect your entire thoughts.It can affect your entire being. Love is sometimes mistaken for just filling a void in ones life , which in the stage of life is oh to common. It is something that can posses us, take hold of us, control us. What am I saying??? I just want someone to kiss goodnight and wake up next to. That’s what love is, the feeling of being wanted and equally wanting them as well. That’s why the feeling of not being wanted is possibly the worst in the world.

The second writing in my "Examination series"