Overrated

Sometimes I find myself thinking relationships are a bit overrated. Think about it. Unless your spending the rest of this person, what are you getting out of it? Sure you maybe you know what you're looking for, but by the time you figure it out, they could have already broken your heart ten times over. Honestly it's a little irritating that people obsess over things like this. Usually I'm stuck being a counselor, because surprise, he broke her heart. Sometimes more than once. I stand by my opinion. Relationships are overrated.

BlueRain said...

Considering that I've seen way too many kids below 12 years old getting second, third, or fourth partners, I think the importance of relationships can definitely be overrated (especially as there is no need to get into relationships so early, since we aren't dying at 40 anymore).

However, teen relationships are still important. It doesn't have to become as serious as people make it out to be, but this is a time of experimentation. It probably won't matter what age you start your first ... (more »)

Kristina G. replied...
You make great points. But middle school relationships are just a little too immature. There is a freshman going into highschool, with a baby on the way. It's just too young to have to be worrying about that kind of thing. I believe that relationships should wait (at least till highschool). But, yes, I see your point. Not all relationships are bad things. But middle school ones don't tend to lead to love. In fact most end in heartbreak. My point is that even though you can date, you should at le... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:49 am

Believe me, I wasn't really referring to middle school (in my area that's 6-7th grades) or anything below that. Anything in, or below, that range is just too young, and from what I've seen they really don't know what they're doing. 

polar-icecap replied...
Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:13 am
Exactly. There are too many bad things that can come of too mature middle school relationships. Someone could end up with a baby before highschool.