It seems to me... | Teen Ink

It seems to me...

By lisTKM GOLD, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
lisTKM GOLD, Sheboygan, Wisconsin

keep dreaming, because the best is yet to come

So just a few days ago a girl from my school, was just another girl at school. But today she became, 'that girl who tried to kill herself'. Now you may be wondering why I put this opinion piece under love/relationships. Well, as it turns out this girl had been new to school this year, came from a rocky home and didn't have many friends, but she had a boyfriend and they had been having problems he broke up with her but it was an emotionally abusive relationship. But it seems to me, that if a guy breaks up with you it's because it wasn't meant to be. He obviously wasn't worth it like many guys out there aren't. But then why do girls all over the world ,I presume, want to grow up so fast? Weather you're 16 or 36, no other person should make you feel like you don't deserve to go on living any longer. Love isn't something that grows on trees, but it's not something that just anyone can give you. Don't sell yourself short, if he didn't want to be with you, then someone else out there will. Because like the great Elenore Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior, without your consent." And I strongly believe that life goes on, and I know that today's problems seem never-ending, but tomorrow is a new day and like I said in my poem, Infinity, life is filled with second chances and endless possibilities. Why have all the girls stopped playing with barbies so early, do we all really need a relationship, even a bad one, to feel like we belong? Just a fruit for thought, but don't grow up too fast, we have all the time in the world to be adults, but there is only so much time we have to just be able to be a kid without worries, problems, debt, and endless headaches. No relationship is worth sacrificing your life, when we haven't even been able to really start it yet.

. said...
on Jun. 15 2012 at 1:54 pm
If only we could read a simple article and understand all of this. Oftentimes we won't realize things of this nature until we've made our mistakes.

lisTKM GOLD said...
on Jun. 12 2012 at 1:17 pm
lisTKM GOLD, Sheboygan, Wisconsin

thank you:)

on Jun. 11 2012 at 7:43 pm
chica_leah BRONZE, Springfield, Vermont
That was really good. :)