Keep Breathing

People are tremendously disappointing. They are selfish, ignorant, bigoted, wreckless, inconsiderate and unbelievably hurtful. They take care of themselves before anyone else even comes to mind. They run away from conflict and refuse to deal with issues. There are the people who will let you down when you really need them the most. The ones who will forget about you or not even consider you at all. The ones who won’t bother to worry when you look away and say “I’m fine.” People who will put their boyfriends ahead of their friends. They are the ones who end up hurting everyone. And in turn, themselves. But then, there are the people who will wait around for an hour longer than they needed just so they can cheer you on at insignificant 5K race. There are the people that will stay up with you all night when your parents decide to split up. There are the people who will spend the morning cuddling you, eating Nutella and watching the Aristocats on VHS. The people who will write you a letter just to tell you that they matter to them. The people who will take you out to pizza when you find out that your mom has bladder cancer. The people who really love you. Those are the people that are really worth sticking around for. They’re the ones that hold on to you and keep you going.