Romantic asexual. | Teen Ink

Romantic asexual.

By jlb1993 SILVER, La Chapelle Aux Lys, Other
jlb1993 SILVER, La Chapelle Aux Lys, Other

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives." - Chuck Palahnuik

It's hard, it's hard being eighteen, being a guy like me. I am expected to be interested in one thing, getting a girl in my bed. I am expected to look at their bodies and not into their eyes. I'm expected to come out with lies, just enough to make them mine. But I can't, and I am looked down on for it and not just by guys. One night stands, and short flings hold no interest for me. I look for beauty not for sex appeal. I look for the one that's right not for the one that will just spend the night. I want the romance and not the sex, I want the girl who will look me in the eyes and say I'll love you till the day I die, without a hint of a lie. Most guys can't begin to understand, girls repeat the same thing, I hope to find a guy who thinks like you, but it would never be I. My hunt for true love curses me to be forever alone, why do girls say they want the guy who is not afraid to cry when it is just a lie. Why do others find sex so important, why do I not? Is there something wrong with me or something with them?

I just don't understand why my lack of physical lust makes me an outcast.

awwwtumn said...
on Jul. 28 2013 at 3:37 pm
awwwtumn, Sierra Madre, California
Wow JLB! I love your writing. I am just astounded by how much I connect to your writing. I have been feeling really down because I felt there isn't anyone who feels the way I do especially guys that are looking for what I am looking for and. Your writing brings me hope and excitement! Your proof that their are genuine people. Thank you for sharing and writing it made one person feel less alone and understood.

bcw095 GOLD said...
on May. 30 2012 at 10:53 pm
bcw095 GOLD, Lake Zurich, Illinois

"I know why the caged bird sings." - Maya Angelou

Beautiful. Bravo.

jlb1993 SILVER said...
on May. 11 2012 at 6:30 pm

Thanks for the comment, it also means a lot that you think that. And you are very welcome, I really hope I do too! Thank you again !

on May. 11 2012 at 3:20 pm
AngelBaron PLATINUM, Dallas, Oregon

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live. " -Jean-Paul Sartre

You are amazing. You are. I think your forwardness about your asexuality is amazing and thoughtful. I am the president of my schools GSA and have been unable to convey the feelings of a romantic asexual. Thank you for finding words. I hope you find your special girl.

jlb1993 SILVER said...
on May. 8 2012 at 4:41 am

Ah, it's nice to see another guy who is the same way, and I hope we do! Also thanks I'm quite unsure of my writing it means a lot that you think it is well written!

Shivam GOLD said...
on May. 7 2012 at 10:23 pm
Shivam GOLD, Lucknow, Other

Its nothing like nothing or all.. its just that how far you climb up the tree before you fall..

I'm a guy too , buddy and i totally agree with you...
lets hope we will find the "special someone" we are searching.... :-)

amazingly written....