You Are My Sunshine | Teen Ink

You Are My Sunshine

By 2013jburris BRONZE, PINCKNEYVILLE, Illinois
2013jburris BRONZE, PINCKNEYVILLE, Illinois

I thought about you today, like everyday. You are like a puzzle i just can’t figure out. I’m trying desperately to impress you. But nothing seems to catch your eye or make you laugh. I can still remember the first day that I talked to you. I may have seemed casual like it was nothing but I was a nervous wreck inside. We didn’t talk much but our conversations started to grow. What started out at me liking you because of your looks turned into more when I got to know you more. You didn’t just have a pretty face you had a great personality. You aren’t like most girls that I can just win over with sweet words and tempting questions.

That’s what fascinates me more than anything. I have liked plenty of girls from other places and won them over and then i had no feelings after that. You are more than just any other girl. I find myself constantly losing track and daydreaming of you. Thinking about what we could be if I could just catch your eye and make you feel the same. I have only daydreamed about one other girl. That’s a sure sign about the way I feel about you. But how am I going to catch your eye when you won’t look? You search for the wrong guy when the guy that would treat you the way you deserved to be treated is right here.

If you were you give me the chance I promise that I would always treat you the way you should be treated. Not just when we’re going out or alone but when we’re with my friends. I promise to always help you and cheer you up when your down. I promise to never cheat on you, I have never cheated on anyone that is wrong. Most of all I promise to always be there for you.

"Love bears all things, believes all things,

hopes all things, endures all things."

~Corinthians 13:4-8