Love is Love

February 25, 2012
By liv2411 SILVER, Hawthorne, New Jersey
liv2411 SILVER, Hawthorne, New Jersey
8 articles 3 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gay marriage is a big topic to talk about. I personally believe in gay marriage. Everyone has the right to fall in love with whoever they want and get married.

What if you fell in love with someone and all you wanted to do was get married and someone denied you? Wouldn't that really upset you.

7 states currently allow gay marriage and 12 states allow civil unions and domestic partnerships. What about the other 31 states. What gives them the right to not accept gay marriage? Honestly if they don't allow gay marriage they might as well not allow marriage at all in their state. I realize everyone has the right to their opinion and I realize being gay is not accepted in the Christian and Catholic churches but other people practice other religions. Yes, 78% of Americans are practicing a type of Christian religion but the other 22% practice another religion or are Atheists. They have their opinion to and it should be valued just as much as everyone else's.

The United States of America is a very changing country. There are over 601,000 gay families currently in the U.S. Don't you think they have the right to get married? Gay people aren't the ones who are destroying marriage, straight people are. There are so many straight couples that divorce in the first 5 years of marriage.

I think what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie is great. Them deciding to get married after everyone is allowed to marry who they want is fantastic. I really look up to them for doing that. People in the gay community definitely look up to them to.

I am a straight person but I think gay people have just as much right to get married as anyone else. If they find someone who they truly love and wish to spend the rest of their life with then why should anyone stop them from doing that? I realize that people can love each other without getting married but some people like the feeling of commitment.

I'm so excited to get married when I get older and gay people deserve the same right. Everyone deserves to get married if they want. Love is love, no matter what.

The author's comments:
Everyone deserves to love. No one should stop them.

Similar Articles


This article has 0 comments.


MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!