I DONT WANT A BOYFRIEND

I would be the one to stand up and say that I don’t need a man. Sure, its great to be in love and have someone to hang out with all the time. What about the rest of us who don’t care about that stuff. What about the girls that put their foot down and say I just don’t want or need a boyfriend. We get looked at differently and are put into a certain stereotype. Our friends look at us as loners or uptight girls. People say “oh she doesn’t have a boyfriend because no one wants her” , or “she doesn’t have a boyfriend because she thinks she’s better then everyone else” . The most common thoughts process is feeling pity for those who don’t have boyfriend. My friends would tell me that your lonely because you don’t have a boyfriend. They tell me that I have no where to go on Friday night because I don’t have a boyfriend. They would try to set me up with someone or introduce me to other single people. I tell them that I’m not trying to get a boyfriend and I don’t need a boyfriend. It’s completely ridiculous that girls with no boyfriends get discriminated against. People just don’t understand that sometimes boys aren’t everything. I don’t care if I get called a feminist or uptight. Maybe someday if I decide I want a boyfriend I’ll go out there and get one on my own. For now, all I can say is that I’m perfectly content with not having a boyfriend. I like being single and I’m just not interested in dating someone. So for the last time I DON’T WANT A BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!!

Write4fun said...
Yeah, I agree. I don't even want to get married. Sure, I'll have boys as friends, but I don't want a boyfriend. Lol. Nice writing!

miniko replied...
Thank you and yea, i say that to my friends and family and they look at me like im speaking another language.