Blind with Open Eyes | Teen Ink

Blind with Open Eyes

By raichel.jenkins GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio
raichel.jenkins GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio

\" When rain hits a true artist\'s painted canvas, they do not despair, they say the dripping paint is now truly art. Art is a happy accident.\"

I have often heard it said that love is blind, but i could only want a love with my eyes wide open. Open to every ugly part of you, and every scar. But by the end, still have the same smile on my face as when I first saw you. Naive and open as I was in the beginning. I want our love to be blind with open eyes.

This is about being open to a person's faults and still being able to feel that reckless, spontaneous feeling you get when you first fall in love.

on Dec. 20 2011 at 10:34 am
camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington

"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."

Interesting. Keep it up. I see an a compelling thesis. Do a little research, especially in Shakespeare's plays. Your on to something. Something big. I can feel it.

on Dec. 18 2011 at 6:02 pm
raichel.jenkins GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio

:) thank you so much!

on Dec. 18 2011 at 5:58 pm
otherpoet SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

Super sweet! I think you're on to something. I love that its short and to the point, without being abrupt. Keep writing!

on Dec. 14 2011 at 9:27 pm
raichel.jenkins GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio

Definitely! and i have written many more but itss taking forever for them to get approved :/

on Dec. 14 2011 at 9:21 pm
StarryRoss GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Writing is the socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." -E.L. Doctorow

write more! Ha there is a quote that says something like: Love is not blind. It merely enables one to see what other cannot.

True, right?

celare BRONZE said...
on Dec. 11 2011 at 4:15 pm
celare BRONZE, Durham, Other

I have such strange thoughts.

This is a great article. You have done so well in illustrating the effect of love, which even when ugly, blinds the beholder. Well done! x