Leaving Room for Love | Teen Ink

Leaving Room for Love

December 5, 2011
By Anonymous

So I always see people walking down thee hallway, holding hands and doing things that are...you know, a little more provocative than that. And as much as I try to ignore it, I can't help but wonder. Where will those people end up? Will they dramatically break up on prom night senior year and go their separate ways? Or will they stay inseparable forever until their 80th anniversary? I guess I would have answers to these questions - if I had ever been in love. But wait. I take that back. I guess I have liked someone - but I can't say thee feelings have been reciprocated, not that he even knows that I like him- well, you get thee point: I am not very proficient in love relationships. When it comes to friends, I think I do a pretty good job. I'm pretty loyal, not big on backstabbing. I think I just passed thee friend test right there. But relationships - and especially in your teen years? I find it hard to believe. I'd Rather keep my feelings bottled up until I leave high school than prematurely tell someone I love them, go out with them if they like me back (a very unlikely situation, I must admit), and then break up with them and realize it wasn't even love. Was it love? Were those people in the hallway in love, or were they just putting on a show? I honestly don't know why I am asking questions in the place of what I am supposed to be doing: giving answers. But the Truth is, no one knows where those people will end up. And in the split second I look at them, I have to admit I am little envious of something that they might not even share. But hopefully, I will find the same thing one day, where you think of that person every second and at the same time, miles away, they are thinking of you. I think I'm quickly heading down thee cheesy road, so I am going to quit while I am ahead. But I won't forget - I will dream of finding what people call "love." I've been leaving a lot of room for it in my heart and to be honest, it's getting a little dusty in there. So who is with me?

The author's comments:
This is a very honest interpretation - I really have no idea what love is.