What Is Love | Teen Ink

What Is Love

November 18, 2011
By Peace.Love.Skittles BRONZE, Tacoma, Washington
Peace.Love.Skittles BRONZE, Tacoma, Washington
4 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Giving up doesn't always mean your weak. Sometimes it just means your strong enough to let go."


How do you know when you’re in love? Is it all by your emotions? Or is it the choices a person makes in their lives? You hear this question asked everywhere because everyone wants to find the person they love and have them love them back. I know I’ve asked myself this question multiple times because we don’t truly know what love is. Love can come in all ways. Whether it is a person’s action or a person’s emotion it’s all different.

To someone love could be when a person walks into a room and they just stand out…you can’t look at anyone but that person. Nothing else matters to you but who that person is. Or to another it could be seeing someone do an amazing thing in their life…rescuing an abused animal, helping people who are homeless and need jobs, disaster relief programs and so on. You see this person doing so much for so many people that you just need to know them, to be apart of everything that they are doing…to be one with them.
My idea of love is when they make your heart pound…they make you laugh and have fun and just be yourself. Sometimes you feel shy and quiet around them but other times you feel comfortable and excited! You can’t wait to spend time with this person because they make you feel good. I think in everyone’s life there is more than one love…there can be many…they don’t have to be anything a like, it’s just something in us that triggers and we feel it strong in our bodies. It doesn’t matter what age you are...

You feel what you feel and nobody can tell you any different…
Some people mistake lust for love but they are two completely different things…you don’t just feel attracted to a person and think “Oh, its love!” It can start out in friendship and move onto love or it can just be someone you’re gradually attracted to, but you get to know over time.
Love comes in many ways, shapes and forms…

You just have to go out and look for it…



And make sure you never let it go once you’ve got it…

The author's comments:
I really want to know what people think love is.