My experience with love and hate | Teen Ink

My experience with love and hate

October 19, 2011
By Cattttt32 SILVER, Tamuning, Other
Cattttt32 SILVER, Tamuning, Other
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm afraid sometimes
you'll play lonely games too,
games you can't win
because you'll play against you."

Dr. Seuss


My experience with love and hate are very different from each other, just like how those two words are very different compared- starting from their meaning up to how they are used. Hate has made me stronger, or at least that’s what I’d like to believe. It made me independent and more wary of my surroundings. I choose who I want in my life wisely, and I don’t act foolish. I watch what I say and who I say it to.
Hate and betrayal always gave me a new perspective on life and how I should live in it. It made me think about what I did wrong and where I went wrong. It always gave me lessons to learn from, and to be quite frank I have to say hate from other people has given me more than take. I also learned that if I were to hate, it would be my loss. Because in the end, other people’s hate made me a better person than whom I was. Why would I want to share that?
My experience with love wasn’t the best. I have great memories but I also have great pain. Love has made me more independent than I was before. It has made me less trusting and more of a realist than a daydreamer. It taught me that love doesn’t always have a happy ending and it also taught me that it takes two to tango.

I learned not to be so trusting with personal things that I hold dear to my heart and I learned that if I ever were to fall again, I shouldn’t fall so fast and easily. Love may have had its good times but overall, in my experience, it held more pain. But I’m still so young and I even wonder if what I felt was love or infatuation. Maybe I’ll find out someday.